OUR CORE VALUES:
Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, Excellence
Our values are the core set of beliefs that drive the way we behave as individuals – and as an organisation.
- Integrity – “My word is my bond” – We believe that our commitment to trust and transparency helps to forge and establish client relationships underpin market stability – and differentiates us from our competitors.
- Partnership – “We collaborate to succeed”- We believe that our proactive approach to collaboration is the best way to drive long-term growth and success.
- Innovation – “We nurture new ideas” – We believe that we will prosper from embracing change and developing pioneering new ideas.
- Excellence – “We are committed to quality” – We believe that quality is a cornerstone of successful performance, so we strive to deliver it in all that we do.
- Provide high quality services to all our clients and business partners
- Treat all our employees and business partners fairly and with respect.
- Manage our relationships with the highest standards of corporate governance and best practice.
Some of the means by which The Miles Partnership put these values into practice internally:
- Quality Survey
- Engagement Survey
- Developing Talent/Career Development
- Developing professional skills, career paths and effective on-boarding
And in terms of how we interact with our clients:
- We strive to maintain and where possible exceed our agreed levels of service
- We aim to anticipate our clients’ needs and constantly look for new and innovative ways to improve our products and services. The emphasis is always on good value and wide choice
- We always respect the privacy, security and confidentiality of client data making sure we comply with associated legislation
- We ensure sure that our marketing and advertising is clear, honest and pertinent
- We promise to act quickly and fairly in response to complaints
We also expect our employees and our business partners to:
- Behave ethically, with integrity and honesty.
- Compete fairly.
- Work in a manner that avoids conflicts of interest and abuses of power.
Environmental management: we expect our suppliers to collaborate with us in the achievement of our environmental goals, to comply with all applicable laws and to strive for best practice. The Miles Partnership is committed to utilising resources in ways that ensure the long-term sustainability and profitability of the business and have a positive impact on the environment.
We expect our employees and suppliers to support our environmental efforts and align with best practices including the following:
- Complying with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards including compliance with industry best practice standards for the sourcing of products and materials such as FSC, Fairtrade, MSC, labelling and other standards.
- Reducing negative environmental impacts and providing visibility to progress toward this commitment. We expect our suppliers to encourage the use of environmentally friendly technologies and practices and the reduction of negative environmental impacts throughout their supply chain.
- Setting environmental targets: the Miles Partnership maintains environmental objectives or targets which as a minimum include commitments to identify, measure and reduce significant environmental impacts e.g. A recycling process in place to deal with paper products, cans and used batteries
- Office energy efficiency measures such as motion sensored lighting, tight controls on printing and paper usage and a clean desk policy
- A strictly enforced travel policy: all staff use public transport if at all possible and air travel is kept to an absolute minimum – both measures help minimise our carbon footprint and environmental impact
OUR SOCIAL CONSCIENCE AND PERFORMANCE: HUMAN AND SOCIAL RIGHTS
Human and Social Rights: we expect our suppliers to comply with applicable employment laws and to support the protection of human rights wherever they operate in the world.
The Miles Partnership supports the protection of human rights around the world and is guided by fundamental principles such as those in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) Core Conventions. This support is reflected in our policies and actions in the countries and with the businesses with whom we work.
We welcome relationships with our clients and suppliers as opportunities to improve and evolve practices and behaviours with respect to Human Rights.